Saturday, August 1, 2020

Deatiling a 1/18 Ferrari 512 Testarossa from Kyosho

A real beauty in form, I consider the 512 Testarossa as among the most beautiful ever produced by Ferrari before the end of the 20th century.  Here is the exquisitely sculpted 1/18 model from Kyosho posing in my garage diorama back during Christmas of 2008. Then using a light blue cartolina paper under my window. 
Back in 1994, I assembled a 1/24 Tamiya model or an earlier version, the first released by Ferrari and had it painted white, my favorite color for this particular Ferrari. I had it sit beside the 1/18 model. 
Another nice thing about the Kyosho model is that it was relatively easy to disassemble so I could have more detailing done to either the interior or the engine.  The interior I left untouched. but had a good time detailing  engine.  
The engine of the Kyosho model was detailed enough to allow for more detailing. This is perhaps the most detailing I did for any model. It rivaled the engines in some CMC and BBR models. Here are some pics that remained in my hard drive. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment