Monday, August 31, 2020

Updating my first ever die cast model - the Matchbox 1911 Ford Model T

The matchbox model is indicated to have a 1/42 scale  But since it is usually smaller, it could pass off as a 1/43  Here is the model with some added features .  You can see the difference between the stock and the modified versions. 

After decades in my closet. it no longer has  its horn equipment as seen on the  hole on the right side  and a broken clutch shift stick.  I already made initial modifications with a repainting of the  side steps , tire wheels and adding windshield based on some photos of the real thing. That was five years ago. 

This is the modified model as of this writing.

As last touch, I housed it in a n acrylic display case designed for smaller models and is just perfect. good thing this model, my mother gifted me back in 1965 has holes in the u8nderbiody that can be fitted with a screw,


The real thing





No comments:

Post a Comment