Monday, July 13, 2020

1938 Lagonda Dophead Coupe from Matchbox

One of my favorite die cast from Matchbox, the 1938 Lagonda Drophead Coupr number Y-11-3 from its 1972 Lesney Product catalogue. I bought this sometime in late 70s from one of the shops at Cartimar in Pasay.  If I recall right, it was just Php15. There were a few more I got from that shop with most already disposed off.

I made some extensive modifications on the model that included (1) repainting the back trunk from a plasticky black to a wooden finish, (2) added a pair of flood lights, tail lights, single exhaust pipe, and a rear gas tank cap. Repainted the door steps and folded tops, and (3) added interior door panels, front seat back handles, and clear windshield with a sole top wiper on the driver side. giving the model a bit of detailing may not be accurate or prices, but it does give an impression I want when beholding a model. - one of those pleasures from this hobby.
Here is the original model. I think you can see the obvious alterations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment