Monday, July 13, 2020

1965 Lincoln Continental from Greenlight

As a kid, I have always been at awe at the simple lines of the Lincoln Continental sedan.  It first made an impression on me with TV footage of the President Kennedy and Jackie riding their stretch limo version in 1963 that made history.  Lately, I found some really realistic 1/43 scale from Greenlight, brand known to have some of the better 1/43 models of cars used in some Hollywood movies.  This is one of the few  boxy designs in automobile that caught my fancy.  There were a few more boxy Cadillacs and Lincolns in the 80s that also look good. but they never equaled the stately presence of the Lincoln Continental of the early to mid 1960s.  Here's is one from the Matrix movie.
I am just not enamored by having a model with the same color of body and interiors.  This model has a black interior that makes it difficult to see from any distance,.  I prefer to see some contracts between the two in my models. One of these day, I just might open this model and repaint the interiors matte white, light blue or maroon.

No comments:

Post a Comment