Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Detailing Modifications

I really could never be happy with stock diecasts, even the highly detailed 1/18 AutoArt and Minichmaps.  I always see room for adding details I have seen in automotive reviews and journals.  The exception comes in the more detailed (read:expensive) from CMC, Exoto, etc,.  This detailing urge gets even more compelling with the lower 1/43 scales.   Here are a few photos of what I ddid to a couple of Matchbox vintage diecasts. 

Here's a Matchbox vintage, a  that underwent some detailing that completely destroyed the original.  Not only did I remove what I consider an unsightly and inaccurate windshield but had the body, seats, and wheels repainted.  I bought this model back in 1969 or 1970 from a local store and costing the quivalentof a half gallon ice cream back then. Today, I saw the original selling online for less than $10 and ordered one.  YOu can see the original 1904 yellow Spyker  Double Phaeton 

No comments:

Post a Comment