Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wiper Arm Detailing

If there was one feature of 1/18 die cast models, even those Tamiya 1/24 assembly kits, that annoyed me a lot for not living up to the realism of other parts, is the windshield wiper.  I find them problematic for most models of pre-2000 models. Unfortunately, I never had the inclination to photograph them before I made the modification.  But fellow hobbyists out there can appreciate the new wiper arms I made. 

Here's one of my favorite models, the BMW 635 CSI in rally configuration and body artwork.  `Can't recall if this was from Autoart or Kyosho,  These two brands compete well in the market.  They often have the same models with varying levels of accurate detailing, whether on the body job, interior, and  engine. Will be posting all the photos I had o this model from my PC drive. Check  out the wiper arm I made for this beauty,

I just love that figure smoking seated smoking on his retro 1950s chair. The fellow was gathering dust in a display case at the local hobby store and I was immediately captivated.  It was not for sale, but after some interpersonal communication skills, I was able to convince the saleslady-owner to sell it for a minimal price.  Too bad, when my grandson aged 5 got hold of it with glee, it soon ended up in various parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment